JQ: In what ways does Madison’s geography impact our way of life?
2. What problems are created as a result of geography? What are potential solutions?
3. What geographic problems do we face today? How does our environment, both that which is physical and socially constructed, impact us?
- Attacking the Obesity epidemic by first figuring out its cause
EH: What are the differences between a physical environment and one that is “socially constructed?” How do approaches to overcoming geographical challenges differ between those that physically or socially constructed? Which are more challenging? Explain.
4. When and where did different crops originate?
- Michael Palin: geography students hold the key to the world’s problems (guardian.co.uk)
- Geography Report Card Finds U.S. Students Ill-Prepared (nytimes.com)