DQ: What style of arts do we see around us today? What different styles of art do we see?
1. Draw a sketch of our classroom. Discuss in small groups how it could be characterized or described? Middle Ages? Renaissance? Contemporary/Modern?
2. Watch 10 minute clip of Masters of Illusion. Which of our drawings have characteristics of the Renaissance?
3. Who supports the arts during the Renaissance? Where do the noble classes put their wealth today?
4. What are the humanities more broadly?
5. What does the UW consider to be a humanity?
- 10 Gorgeous Renaissance Hairstyles You’ll Want to Steal (bellasugar.com)
- Brainpop on Leonardo da Vinci